Patient as my teacher

Peace be upon you,
May Allah blessed you readers,

I will be in charge in gynecology ward starting tomorrow.
We were supposed to have a class with Prof P on principle of chemotherapy and radiotherapy today. However, it was postponed to other slot because Prof was attending an operation today.

Then my friend and I went to pharmacy to get the meds for our friend, Joy.
She's not feeling very well these few days. Doc said she was having acute gastroenteristis.
It was around 2.45pm at that time after we done with getting the meds and decided to go to the gyne ward in 1 Utara to cover case for tomorrow's round.

I felt so sad leaving Obstetric ward as I really love talking to pregnant mothers. They were always happy and excited to talk about their pregnancy. So far, none of the patient refuse to talk to me. I love seeing their baby bump. It just gives me some sort of motherly mood. ;) *sindrom tak sabar nak ada anak*

Changing to gyne ward makes me feel sad. Gyne ward placed a lot of sad cases. Mostly cancer, miscarriage, fibroid and etc.

Today I met N. One of my patient that i clerked for tomorrow's round. A beautiful young patient, we are at the same age. She is currently pursuing diploma as dental technologist which supposed to be in her last sem this year. She was presented with abdominal mass since July 15. The mass gradually increase in size however she was 'okay'. The mas did not cause any signs or symptoms. She was worried of it and went to visit the klinik pesakit luar HRPZ in Feb 15 and refered here to HUSM.

I examined her tummy and find out the mass was exactly larger than i was expected. She was not in pain. Her mother was beside her looking worried seeing me palpating her tummy. She even asked "does it feel pain?". My patient just shook her head saying it wasn't painful.

I met another friend in my medical posting previously too. He's at my age. He was previously a photographer and stopped a year ago due to osteosarcoma. A very positive person and a good people. :)  He had to stop working and his interest in photography because of the illness. How sad was it? We became a good friend and I followed his case till now. I was impressed with his spirit to get better and he always inspire others who have similar illness as him. A very good person i tell you ;)

Being medical student sometimes makes me ponder upon my own life. Seeing patient with same age as me having underlying medical illness just makes me feel that I should be grateful of what I have now. I always think that my life is incomplete and felt unfortunate that I didn't have what i want not what I should have. Having a good health is a thing that should be grateful for. But to some people, money and properties are far more valuable than health and love. Money cannot buy both my dear. When you have billion dollars but you can't even move your body, how is it possible for it to make you happy?

However, to all patient that are having difficulties now, always remember that the Allah gives the hardest battle to His strongest soldier. You guys are the chosen one. Allah will forgives your sin with with every pain that you suffers from the illness. He loves you and wants you to remember Him. Verily that "every hardship comes ease". :)  

Dear patient, sister/brother,
you know what?
I always feel grateful that I met you
Seeing how strong you guys are
able to undergo all those challenges that God has given to you
All those painful procedure that you've gone through
and your sacrifices for all your dreams
I just couldn't imagine if I was in your shoes
God chooses the person who are able to endure all of these
as He knows that you will be able to get this through this difficulty with ease
He is there, always, seeing you and loves you
So, don't ever give up on him
He is the one who given this difficulties and
He are the one will get you through

Dear patient,
You are the reason that I still here
continue to finish what I had started
pray for me being a good Doctor,
and...
My prayer is for all of you my patient,
May Allah gives you blessings and His love,
May Allah strengthen you and cure your illness.
He knows better. stay strong dear.




0 judgement: