I used to hate running..

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

I used to hate running during my teenage years
even during my university years, i didn't really like sports activity
However, I played futsal in my first and second year of medical school
that's the only sport that i played that requires me running *laugh
and i never know how i have that interest in the first place *amaze
.....................................

I was an obese girl back then
Since i was a kid, I never had normal BMI
My weight fluctuated from being overweight and obese but never in normal range
That is why running is never my cup of tea

I never enjoyed sports during my school days
because i was afraid being teased
and being laughed at
I had low self-esteem and that makes me hate being in front of people
However, i am grateful that i excelled in academics
Somehow, academic makes me confident about myself
and some people didn't dare to tease me about it

So, throughout the years
i always focus on my academic rather than Cocuriculum
which is not really good because an excellent student should
excell in all areas kan?
But it didnt bother me at all. hahahaha. I didn't care. lol

Fast forward, I was 16 years old
and during that time, i realised its time to lose weight
so, I decided to start on diet (unhealthy diet) and hiking with cuzzie
Alhamdulillah i lost 10 kg's but couldn't recall the timing period
I became thinner but still overweight and still didn't enjoy sports in school. hahaha

Since then, I maintained my weight until i entered university
but i gained few kg's in USM, mybe due to stress and etc
after graduated from med school
staying at home without doing anything very much easier to put on weight
I was in denial phase for a few months
thinking my weight was okay and i still look good
but the reality was, I am overweight almost obese and i look ugly!
sometimes i didn't want to go out because i was embarassed that people might
talk behind me *padahal xda pun overrr*

So, how did i began to enjoy running then?
long story short, my father was so into cycling this year
but somehow, he has a health condition that requires him to stop cycling for a moment
so, he took a break for awhile and starts walking and jogging
He dragged me along every morning to sports complex to accompany him
I did not refused to my father's offer because I very much want to support him on this
So, I followed him every morning

Initially, I was into gym and rope skipping
since I didn't like cardio activity
so, i rather choose hiking and crossfit *weight lifting*
I did it for about 2 months but didn't see any good results on my body
mybe because of my diet intake and lack of motivation
skip that part..
then, I decided to follow my father and tried running
I was soooo lazy initially, and started walking and on and off running
I ran 1km and then the next day walking, then running, then walking and the cycle continues
but then, one day I decided to challenge myself
to increase the distance and improve timing
day by day passed... my breathing improved, I ran even faster and even further!!

and now, im able to finished 4km within 30 mins and each lap less than 8 mins!
how cool is that for someone that hates running?!
Im not bragging about this but I was saying that
sometimes, you might hate something because you are not good at it
but if you never tried, you never know how far you could go. seriously!
So, if you ever feel that you are not talented in certain areas,
you should tried it first and try to work on it.
It took sometime for me to be able to come to this far,
and success didn't come in a day, consistent, patience and dicipline is the key to it

So, never give up on something that you believe you had no talent on it
just go for it, give it a try,
everyone have their own potential
but if you think you still can't do it
then you can always find other things to do that you're good at
as long as you had work on it, there's no regret.

Currently, im in a process of losing weight
and keep on challenge myself to achieve 5km run,
may Allah ease everything and makes me persistent eveyday,
I hope this post inspire you and let's work on improving ourselves!

till then.


0 judgement: