The Oath of a muslim doctor

I swear by God, the great, to regard God in carrying out my profession. 
To protect human life in all stages and under all circumstances, doing my utmost to rescue it from death, malady, pain and anxiety. 
To keep peoples dignity, cover their privacies, and lock up their secrets. to be all the way, the instrument of God's mercy, extending my medical care to near and far, virtuous and sinner, friend and enemy. 
To strive in the pursuit of knowledge and harness it for the benefit, but not the harm, of mankind. 
To revere my teacher, teach my junior, and be brother to members of medical profession. to join in piety and charity. 
To live my faith in private and in public, avoiding whateever blemishes me in the eye of god, his apostle and my fellow faithful. 
and may God be witness to this oath
: first international conference on islamic medicine kuwait jan 1981

Copied from here



0 judgement: